preparation coating / for concrete / for wood / for metal
EM-POXY A 7010
Type of support:
for concrete, for wood, for metal, floor
It is a double-component, epoxy-based, non-solvent, transparent undercoating material with low viscosity.
It is used as an undercoat on concrete, metal, wood, asphalt, etc. before the application of polyurethane coatings and epoxy-based top coating systems.
• Pressure strength of the concrete to be treated must be 25 N/mm2 minimum and tensile strength 1,5 N/mm2 minimum.
• The humidity ratio in the concrete must be lower than 5%.
• The surface to be treated must be clean and dry and free from any other substance such as dirt, grease, old coatings and curing materials.
• Gaps and holes must be completely cleared first and then filled with Em-Poxy A which is prepared in paste form by adding sand.
• To ensure a smooth surface any swelling must be levelled.
• All dust and loose and displaced particles must be removed by using a brush and/or vacuum cleaner.
• During application relative humidity must not exceed 50% when the ambient temperature is +10°C, and 80% when the ambient temperature is +30°C.
• The temperature of the surface to be treated must be between +10°C and +30°C.
• The temperature of the surface to be treated must be 3°Chigher than the dew point.
• Ambient temperature and surface temperature must be increased by using heaters for the applications performedin cold weather conditions and Em-Poxy A containers must be kept under +20°C the previous night.