public bench / contemporary / concrete
Factory Street Furniture
270 cm (106.3 in)
The Camden bench evolved from award winning designs developed for Camden Council. It tackles today’s street seating needs, e.g. being as inclusive as possible whilst resisting criminal and anti-social behaviour:
– A safer place to sit: the recesses (front and back) allow the public to store bags behind their legs out of reach of opportunistic thieves; while the lack of slots and crevices deters those wishing to stash drugs.
– A cleaner place to sit: there are no flat surfaces or crevices where litter usually accumulates. The surface is specially treated to repel dirt, water, graffiti and fly-posters.
– A more inclusive place to sit: the gentle undulations provide seating at different heights offering the perfect perch for every passer-by. Observations have shown that the Camden bench encourages more seat sharing than other, more traditional, designs.
– Easy to relocate: the bench needs no anchoring; built-in lifting eyes allow easy resiting by truck crane (e.g. away from problem areas).
– Vehicle Security Barrier: An HMV (Hostile Vehicle Mitigation) version is available which has achieved a BSi PAS 68 rating.
The honed concrete Camden bench is available in a variety of finishes.
Great Queen St, Camden; High Holborn, Camden
Metric length 2700mm | width 550mm | height 650mm
Imperial length 8’10” | width 1’9″ | height 2’1″
Enquire further info, pricing, etc.
Request product 2D CAD & 3D Sketchup files
Technical sheet download
Operation & maintenance manual download