Bauhaus design side table / glass / steel / round
L.&C. Arnold has a long tradition in the production of tubular steel furniture. The founding of the company in Schorndorf in 1871 was soon followed by a second branch in Stendal/Altmark (near Berlin) in 1889. After 1925 it was easy to maintain “neighbourly" contacts with Bauhaus in Dessau – with the aim of developing procedural and technical ideas that would facilitate the series production of certain Bauhaus furniture designs. One result of this intensive co-operation was the creation of an extensive and innovative collection of tubular steel tube furniture for L.&C. Arnold, which contributed greatly towards the success of what was then the “biggest tubular furniture factory in Germany”.
The dessau tables 3332, 3334 and 3335 in particular – now part of the Arnold Bauhaus Collection – are the clear embodiment of the character of that trail-blazing decade of design. They are also the perfect embodiment of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe’s quotation that "less is more". With their understated elegance, they will blend beautifully with any architectural environment: offices, waiting and break areas, doctors' surgeries, law firms and - of course - private homes.