This 1914 commercial building in downtown Cleburne, 50 miles southwest of Dallas, Texas, previously served as a grocery store and several car dealerships. In 1994 the Layland Museum acquired the building for future development and its restoration was completed in summer 2010.
Today the building, known as the Lowell Smith Senior History Center, serves as the Museum’s support facility and annex and the old dealership showroom houses an exhibit of period vehicles and related objects as a tribute to the its past.
To return the building’s exterior to its early-20th century appearance necessitated the use of traditional materials, including wood. Accoya wood was specified by contractors Nedderman & Associates to give an authentic look, coupled with high performance and low
maintenance requirements. 7m3 Accoya wood was used for all windows, doors and sidelites.