gardening greenhouse / even-span / wood frame / glass
wood frame, glass
The clever design of these new Alton Evolution models has created a cedar greenhouse that is ideal for modern needs, and by using innovative and strong jointing technology, the Evolution models are delivered flat packed in a self-assembly format. This removes a large amount of cost from the double handling and storage of large unwieldy glazed panels used on other models, and put simply this allows us to put more wood into the greenhouse.
The frame is made from Canadian Western Red Cedar, which is extremely high in natural preservative oils which, even without further artificial treatment, make it virtually immune from decay. Cedar also has a unique subtle aroma which can deter pests. The frame is based on mostly planed 2x2 (44x44mm) and 3x2 (69x44mm)
We factory treat your Alton Evolution greenhouse in a clear treatment - thus not masking the natural colour variation of the cedar wood. In time, your greenhouse will mellow into a silvery colour which is so distinctive to cedar. The Moss colour of the metal components is designed to blend in perfectly with this mature silvery colour.
- A metal base keeps the wood well away from the damp area on the floor
- Louvres and Automatic roof vents are standard.
- High Eaves - often overlooked by greenhouse buyers, but it is important to consider. High eaves means the greenhouse feels a lot bigger, and it is far more comfortable for you to work in.
- The guttering and downpipes are included as standard.
- Glass overlaps at eaves, protecting a vulnerable area of your greenhouse from rot.