Enkamat is a three dimensional polyamide mat with an open structure. It prevents erosion on embankments, slopes and river banks, canals and reservoirs.
Enkamat functions as a protective reinforcing and integrated intermediate layer between natural vegetation and soil. It provides protection above and below the waterline thereby creating a permanent solution. Either seeded, filled with topsoil or mulched, Enkamat keeps the fertile soil in place and prevents the fill from being washed out. Vegetation soon establishes itself with root systems that are reinforced by Enkamat’s special mat structure. Enkamat can be used in many areas where erosion takes place, such as watercourses, embankments, slopes and spillways.
Enkamat is available as an open mat for dry slopes, or as a ‘flatback’ mat (with a flattened underside) for wet slopes and for use below the waterline.
• Erosion control
• Lakes, river embankments, watercourses and secondary coastal applications
• Protection of new or repaired dry slope embankments
• Other areas of erosion
• A stabilization grip layer on rocky slopes, smooth surfaces and geomembranes
Features and benefits
• A permanent and green solution
• Open structure encourages swift vegetation growth
• Reinforces vegetation root systems
• Blends discretely into the landscape
• Remains locked to the ground by root systems
• Adapts easily to soil profiles
• Excellent bonding of individual filaments
• Over 90% voids
• Light, flexible and does not float in water
• High UV resistance
• Maintenance free