Lafarge’s high purity Agri-Gypsum is a 100% natural mineral which is a suitable fertilizer for organic farming. Agri-Gypsum is a good source of sulphur for the soil and significantly improves soil structure and increases crop yields.
Gypsum is an evaporite mineral most commonly found in layered sedimentary deposits in association with halite, anhydrite, sulfur, calcite and dolomite.
Gypsum (CaSO4.2H2O) is very similar to Anhydrite (CaSO4). The chemical difference is that gypsum contains two waters and anhydrite is without water.
Gypsum is the most common sulfate mineral; it is approximately 21-23% calcium and 17-19% sulfur in its pure form
Calcium Sulphate Dihydrate between 80-99%
Agri-Gypsum improves crop yield and quality through the following ways:
● Reduces soil crusting
● Increases soil nutrient retention
● Reduces soil erosion
● Helps soil microorganisms to flourish
● Increases soil water retention
● Reduces amount of other fertilizer
● Reclaims sodic soil
● Enhances crop production by allowing water and nutrients into soil
● Benefits such crops as alfalfa, corn, cotton, wheat, peanuts and where substantial amounts of sulphate sulphur is required (1.5tons/acre)
● 100% natural mineral which is suitable fertilizer for organic farming.
● Aids seed germination
● Improves water infiltration
● Stabilizes soil organic matter
● Decreases nitrogen loss in the air
● Keeps clay off of tubers and roots
● Helps earthworms to flourish