Et cetera is a vertically-constructed programme (assemblies of side panels, shelves, back panels and fronts). Basically a range of shelving, it is further enriched by the additional functions of an occasional unit: storage (opaque or glass doors, shelves, drawers), audiovisual equipment and lighting.
The name Et cetera evokes its dimensional possibilities: one can always add to its height (the highest standard side panel is 2676 mm) with the possibility of tailoring it perfectly to your particular space (cut down).
Et cetera's elegance stems from rigorous aesthetic choices, as much in terms of its volumes as its finishes:
- Readability of compositions facilitated by the subtle use of a network of single modules of 175 mm.
- Lightness of the overall structure thanks to the chosen thickness of 30 mm for side panels and shelves, the perfect compromise between the necessary reassuring thickness and the desired visual lightness.
- Single overall depth of 382 mm. Made possible by the reduction in depth of audiovisual equipment, this makes it possible to create items which fit more easily into the required space since they are shallower and 'flat' in terms of surface.
- Slimness of the grooved hinged doors (also the flap doors): their minimal thickness (around 6 mm) overlaps the edges of the structure. Their elegant minimalism is reinforced by their handle-free, 'push to open' operation.
- Originality of the storage surfaces for open niches: offered in a range of widths, their at once playful and functional appearance creates an interesting graphic emphasis with a play on linear repetition.