ArcelorMittal’s Cofrastra® 40 and Cofrastra® 70 composite flooring decks are characterised by their special dove-tail rib shapes that optimise composite action with concrete to allow heavy loads at medium spans.
Suspended ceilings and technical equipment can be easily installed thanks to the Cofrafix clip system, which can be introduced manually into the steel profile ribs avoiding noisy drilling.
The web-based design tool Cofra5 is free of charge and offers assistance in the calculation of ArcelorMittal’s composite flooring solutions.
• Cofrastra® acts as a horizontal wind brace and contributes to the stability of the entire building.
• The dove-tail rib shape ensures perfect connection with the concrete.
• The specifically developed Cofrafix clip system can be introduced manually in the ribs and ensures quick, easy, and flexible installation of technical equipment and suspended ceilings.
• It is a safe working platform before concrete pouring.
• Due to its low weight, substantial savings can be achieved in construction weight, time, and cost.
• Fire resistance of 30 minutes without additional reinforcement.
• The reinforcement of the floor deck often makes further span reinforcement unnecessary.
• Manual installation - no cranes are necessary on site.
• Easy handling and quick installation guarantee the flexibility required in renovation works.
• Cofrastra® 70 can be made of prepainted steel.
• The use of composite floor systems allows for irregular shapes, curves, and special floor openings.
ArcelorMittal’s Cofrastra composite floor deck family consists of Cofrastra® 40 and Cofrastra® 70: