90 to 115 x 19 or 21 mm / I.S. Glued or Nailed
90 to 115 x 19 or 21 mm / I.S. Nailed
Very soft white reddish sapwood, impregnable. Pale red heartwood, with straight grain, occasionally wavy and fine to very fine texture.Relatively hard, stable wood, with straight grain, light in appearance.
To order: gloss, matt, ultramatt, naturale and oiled.
Description of the wood
Sapwood Very pale reddish white. Impregnable.
• Colour Pale red.
• Grain direction Straight, sometimes wavy.
• Grain Fine to very fine.
• Impregnability Low impregnability
Apparent density at 12% humidity 700 Kg/m3
(semi-light to heavy wood)
• Volumetric contraction coefficient 0,49% (grainy wood)
• Contraction ratio 2,06% (tendency to deform)
• Hardness (Chaláis - Meudon) 4,5 (semi-hard wood)
• Resistance to static bending 1.090 kg / cm2
• Elasticity modulus 126.000 kg/cm2
• Resistance to parallel compression 540 kg/cm2
Uses and aplications
Indoor furniture and fine woodwork. Carving, lathing and curved furniture.
Woodwork on openings and claddings, indoor: doors, flooring, parquet, wainscots and mouldings.