Pressurized flexible gas holders have a double skin:
- one is gasproof and forms the reservoir
- the outer one is pressurized and provides resistance to weathering.
These skins are made of materials designed to withstand weather conditions affecting the outer one, while the inner one is biogas resistant and leak-proof.
Gas holder designs now have some outstanding technical innovations:
- The membrane is a single leakproof sheet that has no contact with the outer protective membrane: it thus provides a totally independent storage function.
- Control of variable levels of biogas via the ballast deformation regulator
- Level measurement is by ultrasounds, guaranteeing reliability and efficacy
- The inter-membrane atmosphere is constantly renewed
- If inspections are required, access to the interior of the protection membrane is easy.