Granite® HDX is the new pre-painted flat steel for roofs and facades is the best-in-class in UV and corrosion protection, created for very severe environments including sea side.
Composed of several paint layers which provide a coating of 70 to 75 μm depending on the chosen finish. Classified as the best in term of corrosion resistance (RC5+) and UV resistance (RUV5).
• - Available in more than 50 colours, in three different finishes: satin, matt and sparkling
• - Free of hexavalent chromium and heavy metals, 100% recyclable
• - Tested with accelerated corrosion tests and natural weathering
• - Very good formability (≤ 1 T T-bend adhesion)
• - The best alternative to plastisol
• - Fire behaviour classification (EN 13501-1): A2
Granite® HDXtreme is designed for roofing and cladding applications made from sandwich panels or profiled sheets.
It is also suitable for the manufacture of flashings and accessories, cassettes, flat panels, doors, solar shading, fins, blades, and narrow elements.
It can also support rooftop solar panels
Designed for roofs and façades even close to the sea, its performance is guaranteed for up to 40 years. Also suitable for very severe indoor environments.
The Satin (X) and Matt (M) colour series can even be used in highly corrosive seafront locations less than 300 metres from the water.
The coating of Granite® HDXtreme offers much better durability and colour stability over time compared to classical coatings.
Can be combined with ArcelorMittal’s high strength steels (HSS) to reduce steel thickness and create lighter structures.